Thursday, June 07, 2007

Philip Rambow - Fallen


There isn't much to say about "Fallen." It's a great song by a singer/songwriter who never did anything else as interesting or exciting. You could call "Fallen" a one hit wonder, except it wasn't even a hit.
For a couple of months back in 1979, I played this song more often then all the other records I owned combined. And since I found it online last week, I've been playing it just as relentlessly. (One of the things I have found out about my music listening is that I still love everything that I loved at one time or another. But in addition, I now love a lot of things I didn't like at all at one time or another.)

Philp Rambow - Fallen

You can download the (now out-of-print) album from which "Fallen" is taken - Shooting Gallery - at a great sharity blog call Power Pop Criminals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thnx 4 'Falling'. I was looking long time for the mp3. This song was in my personal charts in October 1979.

/-/e/\//<

Anonymous said...

thank you, from sweden

Anonymous said...

If you go to the Mick Ronson website
you can hear the demo version of this with Ronson on guitar.
Both are good, I think Ronson version is better.
Thanks for posting this.
Edward